Monday, November 28, 2011

The 235 day drought is over!

No, I'm not talking about my last blog update, I'm talking about the last time I raced! 235 days is a long time to go without my favorite thing in the world and I was more than excited to put the numbers back on and start what I'm hoping will be my best year ski racing yet. This season started for me in the US with two Super Tour races held in the high altitude of West Yellowstone, Montana. I've never been to these races before and it was only the second time I'd raced in the US with the previous time being my final races of last season in Sun Valley, Idaho. As for the races themselves I raced the sprint day and the individual 15km skate and decided to sit out the 10km classic to make sure I don't get too tired before some of our important domestic races roll around. Overall the races went well for me. I finished 5th in both the classic and skate qualifiers on the sprint day (no heats were held for these races) and 15th in the 15km skate. I definitely have lots of room for improvement through the rest of the year and the races continue this weekend with Alberta Cups on our home courses in Canmore and from there we head west for BC and the start of the NorAm season in Silverstar and Rossland.
Final climb of both qualifiers
Pate and Mike next to the team's skis
Race stadium
Thanks to fasterskier.com and skitrax.com for the shots of me racing. First two are from the 15km
Climbing the last hill in the skate qualifier
Self shot on an awesome 2.5hr solo ski on some fantastic trails
The always "Philosophical" GKill after his impressive win in the 10km classic

No comments:

Post a Comment